Looking for a special Sunday dinner that cooks in 15 minutes? Try making the perfect bistro steak with compound butter. Once you have that compound butter, try it on roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes, too.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over high heat on the stovetop. Add 1/8 inch of canola oil to the skillet and heat until hot.
- Add the steak and 1 teaspoon of butter to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute to brown.
- Flip and baste with butter. Add remaining butter and thyme to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place a round of compound butter on top of the steak and return to the oven till butter begins to melt.