Double-Cut Chops for Dad
FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL
Chef Taylor Byrd developed this pork chop recipe as the perfect dish to serve for Father's Day.
- Water - 4 Cup
- Kosher Salt – 2/3 Cup
- Brown Sugar – 2/3 Cup
- Black Peppercorns Whole – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 Tbsp
- Fennel Seed – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Seed - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Cloves – 3 ea.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and pour in a container with 4 cups of ice. Stir to cool.
- Add Pork Chops to brine for up to 12 hours. Min of 2 hours.
How to Grilling:
- Remove Pork Chop from the brine. Pat dry with paper towels. Season liberally on all sides with kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Grill on both sides until internal temperature of 135-140 F for a rosy pink center. Rest before slicing and serving.
Get ready for Grilling Season
Guide to making the Slaw
Apple, Fennel and Snow Pea Slaw:
- Honeycrisp Apple – 1 ea
- Fennel – 1 ea
- Snow Pea – 20 pods
- Carrot – 1-2 ea
- Daikon – ½ ea
- Fresno Chile – 1 ea
- Crispy shallot – 2 Tbsp
- Cut Apple, Fennel (bulb only), Snow Peas, Carrot, and Radish into small sticks approximately the same size.
- Deseed and mince Fresno Chile
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add vinaigrette and mix well to incorporate dressing
- White Vinegar – 1 oz
- Rice Vinegar – 1 oz
- EVOO – 2 oz
- Orange – 1 ea (juice and zest)
- Stone Ground Mustard – 1 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard – 1 Tbsp
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, excluding oil, into blender. Mix to incorporate.
- Slowing drizzle in oil until creamy consistency forms