How to Make a Compound Butter
Want to feel like a serious home chef? Making your own compound butter is easy and creative. It is the perfect topping for a pan steak. Check out our recipe for Easy Steak Frites.
1. Soften four tbsp (half stick) of salted butter. (Pro Tip: microwaving for 15 seconds at 30% power works FAST)
2. Put the butter into a bowl and whip it with a spoon or fork so it is soft and malleable.
3. Mix in few spoonfuls of your flavorings (see below) into butter
4. Scoop butter into center of plastic wrap and fold the top and bottom pieces of the wrap over.
5. Mold the butter into a cylinder by rolling butter slowly towards you and away from you like you are making a pie crust.
6. Twist the ends of the plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
Serve on top of steak, roasted chicken, in pasta or even on veggies.
Flavor Pairings We Love:
Chopped fresh rosemary & grated parmesan
Crumbled Blue Cheese & Black pepper
Minced Garlic & Thyme leaves
Minced Sun-dried Tomatoes & Pesto
Lemon juice, lemon zest & chopped parsley